If you love to decorate your home with natural materials for the holiday season, be careful if you have pets in your home. Poinsettia, holly and mistletoe all have different levels of toxicity that can make your pet sick -- or worse, kill them. Poinsettia leaves are the least toxic, but the plants are often heavily sprayed with pesticides, which can make your pet sick. Holly and mistletoe are incredibly toxic and can cause seizures and death if ingested. It's best to keep those out of the house and to keep poinsettia far away from where your pet can reach them.
ANDREWS MCMEEL SYNDICATION